South African Airways is the major carrier in South Africa and is headquartered in Airways Park, on the circumference of OR Tambo International Airport, Kempton Park, Ekurhuleni, Gauteng. Founded on 1 February 1934, the airline flies to 56 destinations around the world. Moreover, uses a 54 fleet aircraft. Further on, it provides services on Business Class and Economy Class.
Garuda Indonesia Codes, Call Sign and Headquarter
- IATA Code: SA
- ICAO Code: SAA
- Call Sign: SPRINGBOK
- Head Quarter: OR Tambo International Airport
Kempton Park, Ekurhuleni, Gauteng, South Africa
South African Hubs
Avianca Hub Airports used as transfer points to get passengers to their intended destination.
- O.R. Tambo International Airport
South African In-Flight Entertainment
SAA provides the best of in-flight entertainments as far as the South African airlines are concerned. It provides the following distinct services pertaining to in-flight entertainments; namely:
- Audio-Visual-On-Demand: which is an on-the demand entertainment service which is offered to passengers flying on long-haul regional and international flights. With a wide assortment of entertainment options, merely at your fingertips throughout the flight; you get the opportunity to decide what to enjoy, and when you want to take pleasure in them. Next, Movies and TV.
- Movies and TV: This service provides up to 100 titles, the latest movies, documentaries and TV shows. We provide headsets to ensure that you are not disturbed by exterior.
- Music and radio: With a vast assortment of radio stations and albums, we have one thing or the other for all ages and tastes. All you need to do is choose , and then enjoy with your headsets on.
South African Food and Beverage
On a long-distance flight, SAA aims at making meals an emphasis of the journey. This is the very reason 2 of South Africa’s famed chefs, Riffel Benny Masekwameng and Reuben, have come on-board to make mouth-watering dishes that would be provide with pride in any famous restaurant. The best South African wines and Méthode Cap Classique have been especially chosen with the designer dishes made by the chefs.
- Air Canada
- Air China
- Air Asia
- Air New Zealand
- Royal Air Maroc
- All Nippon Airways
- Asiana Airlines
- Avianca Brazil
- Gulf Air etc.
SAA Check-in and Baggage allowance
- SAA Check-in
Our staff at the airport is very friendly, and is always happy to help. You must check-in at-least 2 hours prior to your flight, check-in your baggage and issue your boarding pass. You can check-in at our kiosk in the airport. There are also the self-service kiosks in the check-in area, which allow you to avoid the check-in counters in order that you may take your baggage to the drop-off counter directly.
- SAA Baggage Allowance
For the Business Class Baggage Allowance , Checked-in luggage should not exceed 32kg if flying within South Africa but if you’re travelling abroad, your baggage must not exceed 1-3 Lg depending on the country you’re flying to. You cannot carry more than 1 hand-luggage which must be of 115 centimeters in dimensions, and must be of 10 kilograms (22 pounds) of weight. For Business Class, 2 pieces of baggage not exceeding 8kg each, and with dimensions of 56cm (l) 36cm (w) 23cm (h).
Popular Routes for South African Airways
New York to Miami
Incredible help and service
I was having a hard time finding a good price for the hours I wanted to fly. Called FareMachine and they were able to work no getting great times at a price way below what I was able to find. I will use again.- TC 6/22/15
United Airline all Set to Replace 767 With Widebodied 787-10 Jets
United Airline is about to go for big widebody jets that are all set to replace nearly 50 Boeing 767 from its fleet, according to a report from the Reuters. The airline is in talks […]
The post United Airline all Set to Replace 767 With Widebodied 787-10 Jets appeared first on FareMachine Blog.
Cheap Business Class is a Good Alternative to Economy
Checking in 2 hours early and spending the last hour of boarding jostling in the crowd, strolling through overpriced duty-free shops, looking for shoddy gifts or waiting on a hard leather-bound seat yearning for a […]
The post Cheap Business Class is a Good Alternative to Economy appeared first on FareMachine Blog.
Preparing For Your First Flight? This is What You Should Know
Itinerary– One of the major point of concerns that need to beÂ tranquilizedÂ asÂ soon as you start preparing for your Journey.Â Itinerary- a list or a document that is made before the journey to include everything right […]
The post Preparing For Your First Flight? This is What You Should Know appeared first on FareMachine Blog.
Request a call back
Other Business Class Flights
- Air France Business Class
- Turkish Airline Business Class
- Virgin Atlantic Business Class
- EVA Air Business Class
- Philippine Airlines Business Class
- Saudi Arabian Airlines Business Class
- American Airlines Business Class
- Copa Airlines Business Class
- Qatar Airways Business Class
- Air Canada Rouge Business Class