About La Paz
Let's have a look around into background of La Paz
- Region: La Paz
- Country: Bolivia
- Latitude: -16.5
- Longitude: -68.15
- Time zone: America/La_Paz
- Current time zone offset: UTC/GMT -4 hours
Weather in La Paz
- Climate: Oceanic Subtropical Highland Climate
- Best Time to Visit: April to October
La Paz, officially known as Nuestra Señora de La Paz, also named Chuqi Yapu (Chuquiago) in Aymara, is the seat of government of the Plurinational State of Bolivia. With an estimated 789,541 residents as of 2015, La Paz is the third-most populous city in Bolivia. La Paz was founded on October 20, 1548, by the Spanish conquistador Captain Alonso de Mendoza at the site of the Inca settlement of Laja.
Distance from La Paz center to Airport
The closest major airport to La Paz, Bolivia is El Alto International Airport (LPB / SLLP).
- Driving Distance: 5 miles / 8 km
- Driving Time: 13 Minutes
- Languages: Spanish followed by Aymara being the most widely spoken languages.
Modes of transport
- Airport: El Alto International Airport
- Rail: Arica–La Paz railway.
- Road: Bus: Intercity Bus.
Customs and Tipping
For Restaurants and Bars:
- Waitress and Bartender – 10 – 15 % of the Bill.
- Room Service: Bs. 5 - Bs. 8
- Housekeeper: Bs. 5 - Bs. 8 per Day
- Concierge: Bs. 50
- Parking or Returning Car: Bs. 5 - Bs. 8
Nearby Tourist Cities
- El Alto,
Emergency Contact Numbers in La Paz city
- Fire / Police/ Ambulance: 101/100/102
- Airport: +591 2 2157300 (El Alto International Airport)
- Hospital: +591 74901912 (Hospital Arco Iris)
- Achocalla Festival
- Virgen de Fátima
- San José Obrero
- The Witches' Market
- Plaza Murillo
Theatre & Concerts
- Edificio Multicine
- Cinemateca Boliviana
- Cine Teatro Monje Campero
Visit Top Restaurants in La Paz
- Ali Pacha
- Chalet La Suisse
Top Shopping Centers in La Paz
- Victorinox La Paz
- Shopping Center Cavero
Museums, Galleries and Gardens
- Museum of Textiles Andinos Bolivianos
- Museo de Arte Contemporáneo Plaza
- Plaza del Monticulo
Iconic Delicacies of Iconic Restros
- Soup – Berlusca
- Pad Thai – Namas Te
- Pizza – Mozzarella Pizza
- The Strongest – Football
- Club Bolívar – Football
- Club Always Ready – Football
Shelling Out Dollars
- Imported beer: 19.00 Bs.
- Taxi: 10.00 Bs.(base price)
- 3 BHK (Downtown): 4,194.16 Bs.
- Cheap meal: 30.00 Bs.
- Gasoline: 3.83 Bs. / litre
- 3 course meal: 185.00 Bs.
Popular Domestic Flights
- Avianca Airlines
- Aeromexico Airlines
- Jet-Blue Airlines
- Copa Airlines
- Emirates Airlines
- Sun Country Airlines
- Southwest Airlines
- Lufthansa Airlines
- Airtran Airways
- Horizon Air
- United Airlines
- American Airlines
- Frontier Airlines
- British Airways
- Alaska Airlines
- Air France
- Caribbean Airlines
- US Airways
- KLM Airlines
- Virgin Airlines
- Spirit Airlines
- Arik Air
- Air Canada
- Tam Airlines
San diago to Dallas
Faremachine for a last minute flight
I was able to use Faremachine for a last minute flight I needed to book. It was quick, easy and a lot cheaper than what the other sites were advertising. Definitely, recommend!- Sam Gilmour 5/4/17
Latest Blog DEV
LaÂ Tomatina Spain: Tomato Throwing Tomatina Festival dev
âI have seen dawn and sunset on moors and windy hills coming in solemn beauty like slow old tunes of Spain.â saysÂ John Edward Masefield, on the beautiful country of Spain, adorned by uniqueness in culture […]
The post LaÂ Tomatina Spain: Tomato Throwing Tomatina Festival appeared first on FareMachine Blog.
KingsÂ DayÂ Amsterdam: Birth of King Willem-Alexander dev
âI love Amsterdam. The city is vibrant and alive. It’s fresh and so open.
The post KingsÂ DayÂ Amsterdam: Birth of King Willem-Alexander appeared first on FareMachine Blog.
Venice Carnival â âA Magical Experienceâ dev
Venice is a city of love, charm and renowned as one of the most romantic cities in Europe. It is alsoÂ a cityÂ of music,Â romanceÂ and friendly people. OnceÂ you travel in this city, youâll never ever forget itsÂ experience.
Weather inCurrent Conditions: Cloudy
Latest Travel News
- Qantas will use Dreamliner for new route to San Francisco
- Norwegian adds four new Europe routes; fares from $199 one way
- Delta picks Airbus over Boeing for huge 100-jet order
- More Americans than ever will travel this holiday season
- Virgin Atlantic is encouraging passengers to steal from business class
- Homeless man finds $354,000 in room at Paris airport