Air Malta plc is the flag carrier airline of Malta. This airline is headquartered in Luqa whereas its hub is at Malta International Airport. It provides its services to 39 destinations which are in Europe, Middle East and the North Africa. It was founded 44 years ago in 1973. It has two frequent flyer program known as Flypass and KMiles for its passengers.
Baggage happens to be an essential part of the journey. Every airline has its own set of rules and regulations about the baggage, the passengers should carry in the airline. So for the baggage information, read below:
- The passenger traveling in club Malta is allowed the 15kg weight of their baggage per person with the dimension of their baggage 20cm x 40cm x 55 cm.
- The passenger traveling in the Economy class is allowed 10kg per person and the dimension of the bag should not be more than 20cm x 40cm x 55cm.
- The handbag can be of any form like a backpack or a shoulder bag or a rolling suitcase.
- The passengers are also allowed cameras, umbrellas, tablets or a notebook and a purse.
- The amount of baggage as a checked-in luggage totally depends upon the type of class the passenger is traveling.
- The passengers are allowed 23kg and 1 piece of baggage in Go Smart or Go Flex program.
- If the passengers are traveling with the just business program then, the passengers are allowed a single bag with weight up to 32kg.
- And if the passenger is traveling with the Smart business or Business freedom program, the passenger is allowed 2 bags with 32 kg each as a checked-in luggage.
Weight dimensions limits
- Weight: 15kg (Club Malta) and 10kg (Economy Class)
- Dimension: 20cm x 40cm x 55 cm (all class)
- Weight: Maximum 32kg
Infant Passenger Baggage Allowance:
- The infants below 2 years of age are allowed to carry 10kg of baggage.
- Air Malta allow its passengers to carry extra baggage, but they have to buy excess baggage vouchers according to the number of pieces.
- If a passenger is traveling in Economy class:
- 90$ for the 1st max 23 kg
- 110$ for 1st max 32 kg
- 170$ for 2nd max 23 kg
- 250$ for 2nd max 32 kg
If a passenger is traveling in Business class, they have to pay 90$ for an extra piece in max 32kg.
The excess baggage a passenger needs to buy an excess baggage voucher according to the weight of the baggage. The price of the voucher also varies for both the class i.e. business class and economic class. If a person wants to carry a musical equipment, it can be accepted as a checked baggage or cabin-seat baggage
Passengers who want to travel with their pets, they will have to carry their pets as a checked-in baggage or in a cabin i.e. cabin baggage. They can also send their pets in a Cargo hold.
- Pets can be carried in cabins.
- Pets can be carried as a checked-in baggage. They can also send through Cargo hold.
- The children are allowed 20kg of baggage if they are traveling in the Economy Class.
- The children can also carry 1 or 2 pieces of luggage, it also depends on which kind of products they are carrying as the luggage.
If the passenger’s luggage is damaged or missing then the passenger has to bring a proof in order to demand a claim from the airline. The claim should be submitted in writing to the airline within 7 days. The carrier’s liability for a baggage damage or loss is quite limited and the Air Malta advises its passenger to have private travel insurance as the precaution.
- Objects with the pointed ends more than 6cm.
- All the kinds of disabling devices which includes tasers, pepper spray, etc.
- Flammable gas cylinders
- Electroshock weapons
- Tools used by the Workmen
- Flammable liquids and solids
- Spontaneous combustion causing objects
- Toxic and corrosive materials
- Oxidising materials
Dallas to London
I got a huge saving on my booking
I called faremachine and got my tickets booked for London and they made me save around $180. its a good company with whom i will work with in the future.- Nanesh Goyal 6/20/15
Upgrade United Airlines Flight Tickets
Upgrading with United Airlines is a whole new ball game and perhaps the most complicated one. The rules of upgrading have changed a lot in recent times and some of the quick fix conventional advices […]
American Airlines Flight Tickets Upgrades
The rules of upgrading have gone through considerable changes andÂ those conventional adviceÂ hardly work in the present scenario. The airlines are following a zero upgrade policy due to their love forÂ feeÂ for everything. In the wake of […]
Non-stop Longest Flight Between Singapore and New York City
The longest Non-stop flight on Singapore airlines between New York City and Singapore on the worldâs first Ultra-long range Airbus A350-900URL covering a distance of 9532 miles makes it the indisputable winner of the Ultra […]
The post Non-stop Longest Flight Between Singapore and New York City appeared first on FareMachine Blog.