Air Madagascar was founded in the year 1962. The headquarter is located in the Antananarivo, Madagascar. Ivato International Airport is the hub of he Air Madagascar. It is the national airline of Madagascar. It operates to the 17 destinations in Europe, Asia and in the neighboring island destinations in the African and Indian oceans. It also has a wide extensive domestic network. The majority of this airline is owned by the Madagascar government.
The baggage information is the quite important for the travelers. As there are guidelines for each and every airline, you can find a column where you can read about the baggage information. This baggage information helps the passengers in knowing the type of the bag to carry and the weight of the baggage which fits the criteria of the airline.
- The maximum dimension of the luggage should be 115 cm including the length+weight+height.
- Along with it, a passenger is also allowed a laptop bag or a camera or a purse.
- 5kg weight baggage is only permitted for domestic while 8kg for regional and 12kg for long-haul flights.
- The passengers traveling in the business class can carry 32kg for all the destinations.
- For the economy flights, the passengers can carry 23kg for the regional and long-haul flights.
- The passengers are allowed 20kg for the domestic flights
Weight dimensions limits
- Weight: 32kg (Business Class), 23kg (Economy Class for regional and long-haul flights) and 20kg (Economic Class for domestic flights)
- In-Hold: 158 cm
Infant Passenger Baggage Allowance:
- The infants traveling in the Air Macau can carry up to 10kg free baggage allowance.
- An infant bassinet or a cot which can be folded down in the selves and which can be properly secured can be carried as a cabin or hand baggage.
- For the extra baggage, the Air Madagascar charges 30 Euro for the domestic and regional flights for both the cabin baggage as well as the checked-in luggage. (Oversize Baggage)
- For the long haul flights, the passengers are charged 75 Euros for the oversize bags for the cabin luggage and 100 Euros for the checked-n baggage.
- For the overweight cabin baggage 30 Euros for the regional and domestic routes for extra weight up to 5 kg and 75 Euros for the long-haul routes 75 Euros.
- For extra 10 Kg the previous amount doubles up i.e. 60 Euros and 150 Euros and for extra 15 Kg, it is thrice the amount i.e. 90 Euros and 225 Euros for the cabin baggage.
- Weight more than 32 kg for checked-in is not entertained in flight, they are sent to the freight.
The charges are applied to the excess luggage. The charges apply accordingly to the overweight bags and the oversize bags. The sports equipment such as surfboards, golf equipment, etc are allowed but as in-hold items only. The passengers will have to pay for it accordingly.
The guide dogs are only allowed in the cabin. Otherwise domestic pets are only allowed to travel who have the document approved by the airline as well as the doctors attested medical certificate. If a passenger is traveling with a pet, they should inform the airline while booking their tickets.
- Pets are allowed as in-hold luggage in a ventilated cage
- They should be medically tested and have documents which permit them to travel.
- The guide dogs travel as a free baggage allowance.
As per the standard norms of the airline.
If the passengers receive the damaged baggage, they need to inform the airline immediately so that the damaged can be claimed. As soon as the claim is laid it will be passed on to the airline for the further investigations.
- Flammable Liquids
- Dangerous objects and materials
- Toxic materials
- Infectious materials
- Radioactive object and materials
- Oxidizing and Organic Peroxides
- Flammable substances
San diago to Dallas
Faremachine for a last minute flight
I was able to use Faremachine for a last minute flight I needed to book. It was quick, easy and a lot cheaper than what the other sites were advertising. Definitely, recommend!- Sam Gilmour 5/4/17
Preparing For Your First Flight? This is What You Should Know
Itinerary– One of the major point of concerns that need to beÂ tranquilizedÂ asÂ soon as you start preparing for your Journey.Â Itinerary- a list or a document that is made before the journey to include everything right […]
The post Preparing For Your First Flight? This is What You Should Know appeared first on FareMachine Blog.
Top 20 Places to Visit in Russia
Traveling has always been a pleasure and a good way of getting rid of daily boring schedule. A chance of coming across the people and seeing the artistic beauty of nature as well as the […]
Top 10 World’s Busiest Airports in 2017
Traveling is an experience and helps in meeting new people across the world. New culture, new aura, new kinds of exotic places add to our world experience. The primary part of traveling is hopping from […]