Xcaret in Cancun Mexico
The pride of Mexico, this wonderful park is a perfect example of fun tradition and historic culture coming together. It is a Mayan culture themed natural sanctuary. Xcaret is a natural park with more than 40 attractions. Xcaret Park is a privately owned and operated theme park, resort and a self-described eco-tourism development. It is situated in Riviera Maya, which covers a portion of the Caribbean coastline of the Mexico’s state of Quintana Roo. The Xcaret Experiencias group owns it along with Xplor Park, Xel-ha Park, and Xenses Park along with many others. It is located approximately 75 km south of the Cancun and around 6.5 km south of the nearest large settlement known as Playa del Carmen along highway 307. It was named after a nearby archaeological site Xcaret which was actually constructed by the pre-Columbian Mayan people whose structural remains are still present within the park’s boundaries.
It is a single place with so many adventurous things to do with underground rivers where you can swim as well as mysterious looking caves and jungles where you can take a stroll as you enjoy the greenery around you. It is a place where you can discover new colors at the Butterfly Pavilion and try to look for mysteries of the ocean in the Coral Reef Aquarium. You get a chance to admire the fauna that inhabits the park which consists of various animals like deer, jaguars, flamingos and many other exotic birds. Other than this natural wildlife you can also look for other exciting places to visit in Xcaret Mexico. You can enjoy the old Mayan ruins, the Mexican Folk Art Museum, a traditional Hacienda Henequenera and the Chapel of Guadalupe. You can enjoy the traditional Fiesta Charra and other cultural activities. If you are water sports person you can enjoy the Caribbean Sea. You can take a snorkeling tour, swim in underground rivers and have fun swimming around with the Dolphin. And when night falls, you will be our guest of honor at the presentation of “Xcaret Mexico Espectacular” where the celebration of light and color takes place along with the 300 artists that will take you through the history of Mexico. You can learn and enjoy the traditional Mayan culture here.
It is the best family theme park which has an exceptional combination of the cultural heritage and the love for the environment. You can read more about the attractions of Xcaret.
- World of Children: This place was created for your little ones of age 0 to 12 years old. They can enjoy this magical paradise of Mexico to the fullest here. It has water slides, hanging bridges, cenotes, a parakeet habitat and a playground in perfect harmony with the impressive Mayan jungle so that your kids can enjoy to the fullest.
- Main Plaza: you can start your tour from there. If is full of Mexican traditional stuff i.e. from food, to jewelry and music. It has an exclusive wine cellar known as Vinos de Mexico Xcaret Wine Cellar. And don’t forget the Silver Mine. It is the replica of the classic mine so that you can explore the underground maze.
- Hacienda Henequenera: It is a place where the history of Mexico lies. Hacienda Henequenera is also the gateway to the Museum of Mexican Folk Art, where Mexican creativity is presented through a handicraft exhibition which shows the rich and unique traditional art of Mexico.
- Caves to the Mayan Village: Explore the secret passages hidden in the jungle. Feel the jungle vibe and explore these mysterious natural caves. It is the territory of the Maya, where you can enjoy their ancient traditions framed by the jungle.
- Paradise River: Who does not want to enjoy the underground river without getting wet? You can do it here. You can admire the unique scenery just from the comfort of your raft. You can travel through canals of clear water surrounded by the jungle, and get excited with the surprises which come along the way like blue crabs, iguanas, peccaries and so much more.